Did I Read My 20 in 2020 List?
Hey everyone! We’re getting to that time of year where everyone starts looking back on their reads for 2020, and start planning things for 2021. I really love doing these posts, so I figured I’d start off with looking back at the 20 books that I said I really wanted to read in 2020, and see if I actually read them or not!
- House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City) by Sarah J Maas – Yes! I did end up reading (and loving) this book in March. I ended up NOT writing a review for it though, because I felt like it would just be me screaming about how much I loved it and how I sobbed at the end.
- All the Stars and Teeth by Adalyn Grace – No, I haven’t read this yet! I still very much want to though! I’m hoping that I can do some sort of comparison type of blog post for all the books I’ve gotten from subscription boxes (mainly OwlCrate), and since this is one of those I definitely still want to read it.
- Don’t Call the Wolf by Aleksandra Ross– So….I’ve gotten about 80% through this one and it honestly feels like it’s a lot longer than it needed to be, but what I read so far was interesting. I do still want to finish it!
- Shorefall by Robert Jackson Bennett – I feel terrible for saying this, but I was lucky enough to get an e-ARC for this one and I still haven’t read it….
- Bone Crier’s Moon by Kathryn Purdie – Read it and really enjoyed it! I finished this one in May, and clearly this was during the time that I didn’t feel the need to write any reviews because I have none to link for you. I ended up giving it a 4.5, and I really loved the twists and the characters so I’m excited to see where the next book goes.
- The Throne of the Five Winds by S.C. Emmett – Haven’t read it yet! I do still plan on reading it, I just don’t know when it’ll happen!
- Jade City by Fonda Lee – I’m maybe 30-40% through this one, and I think the world is so interesting and I really like the characters! I’m not sure if I’ll be able to finish it before the end of 2020, but I would really like to!
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff – At this point, I’m thinking that Nevernight is just not for me. I haven’t even thought about wanting to read this book, so it may show up in an unhaul at some point.
- The Bone Ships by R.J. Barker – I still haven’t read this one! I think the premise is so cool and I do still really want to read it.
- A Curse so Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer – Finally, another one that I’ve finished! I actually ended up finishing this one the month after I made this list, so technically it shouldn’t have been on my 2020 want to read list. No review for this one either, apparently I need to really start writing more reviews.
- Leviathan Wakes by James S.A. Corey – I still haven’t finished this one, and honestly I don’t have a reason other than I just didn’t read as much sci-fi this year as I have in the past. I do still want to read it though.
- The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson – Yet again, another one that I haven’t finished. Honestly this one is kinda embarrassing at this point because I do still REALLY want to read this one, and I just ordered a copy of Rhythm of War. I’m just kind of intimidated by how long this book is, even though Sanderson’s writing is so easy to read. I did get about 20% through this one, I just haven’t finished it yet!
- Peace and Turmoil by Elliot Brooks – Let’s all say it together – another one I haven’t finished! I feel really bad about this one since this is self published by one of my favorite YouTubers, and it sounds so good!
- Blackwing by Ed McDonald – Again, I haven’t read this one. I’m noticing that most of these are adult fantasy, and I didn’t read nearly as much adult fantasy this year as I did before.
- Children of Time by Adrian Tchaikovsky – Again, haven’t read it and I haven’t been reading as much sci-fi as I usually do. I do still really want to read this one though.
- The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien – I managed to get a little bit of this one read, but I was reading it as a mass market paperback and it was difficult to read it so I now have the illustrated editions but I haven’t continued yet!
- The Dragonbone Chair by Tad Williams – I really really want to read this series, so it’s still on my TBR but I haven’t started it yet. I’m just feeling a little bit intimidated by this one as well.
- Rebel Spring by Morgan Rhodes – I’m questioning at this point if I even want to continue this series, because I don’t remember much from the first book and what I do remember was nothing special, so I might DNF this series and unhaul it.
- A Demon in Silver by R.S. Ford – I don’t remember anything about the synopsis of this one, so I don’t really have too much to say other than I haven’t read it yet.
- The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie – Yet another one that I haven’t read yet but still really want to! I just don’t know why I haven’t been able to read this one yet.
Well, out of the 20 books on this list I finished 3, started 5, and will probably DNF at least 2 on this list, so not really a great way to wrap up this list. Hopefully my list for 2021 will turn out better than this one!