Book Blogger Awards – Nominations
Hi everyone! I was browsing around on twitter when I saw that there are nominations going on for a book blogger award, and after looking into it a little more I thought it would be great to send in my nominations! This is the third year of the book blogger awards, and if you want to nominate people check out the rules and information at May’s blog, Forever and Everly! Nominations run from June 20th to July 20th, and voting will be from July 20th through July 31st!
Before I get into my nominations, I want to just mention that there are SO MANY great bloggers out there, and unfortunately there are only so many categories so I can’t nominate all of you. Just know that if you don’t see your name nominated here it doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate you or think you deserve it, because I think you all deserve to be nominated! Also, it’s SO HARD picking all of these nominations!
Best of Their Age
Best Pre-Teen/Teen Book Blogger (13-19): Kelly from Another Book in the Wall
- How could I not include Kelly, who is the person behind the teen influencers book blog directory? Not only is her content amazing, but to put together this fantastic group is such an accomplishment!
Best Adult Book Blogger (20+): Jenn from Jenniely
- I love everything that Jenn posts, and she’s even branched out into Booktube. She runs an Etsy shop for bookish jewelry and bookmarks, and does graphic design! She’s always doing something amazing!
Best Genre Bloggers
- I just love her blog so much, and her reviews are fantastic!
Middle Grade or Younger: ?????
- I don’t have anyone for this category because I don’t know many middle grade book bloggers!
- I love reading Rae’s reviews, and I always know where to look if I’m looking for a good book!
-While Melanie isn’t exclusively romance, she definitely reads a lot of it! Plus, she has a great booktube channel in addition to her blog!
Science Fiction/Fantasy: Holly from The Grimdragon
- Holly is so much fun and I love getting book recommendations from her! If she likes a fantasy book, chances are I’ll try picking it up.
Literary Fiction/Classics/Poetry: Shaa from Moonlight Pages
- Contemporary is basically literary fiction, right? Because if so, I’m definitely choosing Shaa for this nomination!
- If you’ve been on the hunt for a good thriller, look no further than Kelly’s blog!
Best of Book Blogging
Best Book Reviews: Petrik Leo from Novel Notions
- I first found Petrik through Goodreads after realizing that he kept popping up on books that I was adding to my TBR, then I read his reviews and ended up scrolling though his Goodreads shelves just to add more books! He runs Novel Notions with a few other bloggers who are also amazing, but Petrik is how I found the blog!
Best Book Recommendations: Amanda from Devouring Books
- I love reading Amanda’s recommendations, from Top 5 posts to Can’t Wait Wednesday posts to Upcoming Releases! I’m always adding books to my Goodreads TBR from these posts.
- This blog has some of the best discussion posts!
- If there was one blog that I could copy for my own, it would be Destiny’s blog! It’s just so pretty and everything flows and matches and is everything I want my own blog to be.
- Kait does such a great job with her blog and the way she words everything, I love reading her posts!
Most Engaged in the Community: Evelina from Avalinah’s Books
- Evelina runs quite a few groups to help bloggers out, from new bloggers to international bloggers, and is always doing something or helping someone!
Best Social Media Influencer: Kat from Rustic Pages
- If you’ve never seen Kat’s instagram, you need to change that ASAP! It’s so gorgeous! Plus her bookmarks that she makes in her shop are so beautiful!
- Beth is always chatting and connecting with people on Twitter, and is one of the sweetest people I’ve met because of my blog!
Friendliest Member of the Community: Angela from Hiding Behind Books
- Angela was one of the first people to really make me feel welcomed into this community, and she’s always there for you and is just such an amazing person!
Best at Promoting Diverse Books: Savvy from Savvy the Book Royal
- Because of course! I mean, their tagline says it all: “Bring on all the queer books“.
Best New Book Blogger (started after Aug 2018): Xandra from Starry Sky Books
- If you are looking for a fantastic new blogger to follow, check out Xandra!
Best Small Book Blogger (under 1,000 followers): Karina from Afire Pages
- Blog tours, reviews, author interviews, Karina does it all! I can’t wait to see where she takes her blog, plus her biblionomics posts are GOLD. (Also I may be cheating because I don’t know for sure if she is under 1,000 followers).
Best Overall Book Blogger: Kal from Reader Voracious
- I love everything about Kal’s blog: the aesthetic, the content, tips and tricks, diverse reads, you name it, it’s probably here! Plus, Kal is so freaking cool and nice and always there to help out both new and old bloggers!.